It has been a while since I’ve posted anything to do with Chickpeas. But, boy did that time away from those cute little legumes sure make me have a craving!
I made this salad cold, but if you wanted it would taste absolutely delicious warmed up as well. Just know that the option is there.
Chickpea Salad with Coconut, Raisins, Green Olives, Sun-dried Tomatoes & Feta
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup toasted shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins (dried cranberries or currants work too)
- 1/4 cup sliced pimento stuffed green olives
- 1/4 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup crumbed feta cheese
- 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
- a couple tablespoons good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper
In a salad bowl, combine chickpeas, coconut, raisins, olives, tomatoes and feta cheese. Add in the lemon zest, juice, and EVOO, and toss together. Taste and season with a liberal amount of coarse salt, freshly cracked black pepper, and ground cumin – be sure to taste in between additions.
You might want to add the juice of the other half of the lemon – but that’s really a personal preference.
I had this salad with a roasted chicken breast, spiced up with ground cumin, ground coriander, a little curry powder, a light sprinkling of turmeric, salt and pepper – and it was the perfect combination. That said, this would be a great accompaniment with lamb as well.