Sometimes you just have to K.I.S.S
There is nothing better than toasted, spongy Ciabatta with a mashed to all heck avocado on top, and plenty of local Vancouver Island Fleur de Sel.
You cannot go wrong.
- 1 avocado – just ripe, not too mushy, not too firm – just a slight bounce when you press into it – cut in half (lengthwise), remove the pit
- 2 slices ciabatta bread, lightly toasted
- A good pinch Fleur de Sel
- A drizzle GREAT quality olive oil, optional
- A pinch of red pepper flakes, optional
Toast your ciabatta, scoop out the avocado – placing half on each piece of toast. Using the back of a spoon, smear the avocado evenly. Top with a generous sprinkling of Fleur de Sel. Drizzle with EVOO, and dash on a little red pepper flakes, if you so choose.
EAT to your hearts content.