It seems this week is all about the lunchtime sandwich posts. I’m not sure if it’s because I have delicious Ciabatta bread in my apartment right now, or because they’re simple, easy, and filling for the gal on the go, but either way, I’m quite enjoying my Lunch Editions.
Making egg salad today was inspired by a colleague of mine, an amazing cook herself, who brought a sandwich yesterday that rivaled my delicious Avocado Toast. It forced me into full on craving mode… so what else was I to do?
This may be simple, but it isn’t your grocery store-deli counter egg salad. Pay close attention. It’ll blow your socks off.
Simple Egg Salad
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, cooled, peeled
- 2 Tbsp (generous) 0% M.F. Greek yoghurt, plain
- 1 garlic scape (~ 1 Tbsp), sliced very thinly
- 3 1/2 Tbsp English cucumber, 1/4-in dice
- 1 celery rib, 1/4-in dice
- 1/2 lime, zested and juiced
- A good pinch of coarse salt, and freshly cracked black pepper
- Dash of Tabasco, optional
- Flat leaf parsley, chopped, optional
- Arugula, romaine, butter lettuce, optional
- 4 slices Ciabatta bread, toasted – or your favourite hearty, rustic bread
In a bowl, combine ingredients together with a fork. Let the mixture have a moment or two in the fridge, to allow the ingredients to mascerate. Pile high in between a pair of toasted ciabatta slices, and chow down.
There you go, another absolutely superb and delicious sandwich. A classic, slightly elevated with some major flavour points.