When it’s Sunday, and you have a questionable head of broccoli in your fridge, and some delectable Brussels sprouts from the market on hand, but you don’t want to make soup… what do you make? Broccoli & Brussels Sprout Gratin, of course!
Cheesy, garlicky, and oh so tasty; this dish whips up in minutes.
Broccoli & Brussels Sprout Gratin
Serves 4, as a side dish
- 1/2 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed & halved
- 1 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes (in oil), sliced
- 1 Tbsp sundried tomato oil
- A good pinch of coarse salt, and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano reggiano, grated
Preheat oven to 400F.
Combine broccoli, Brussels sprouts, sundried tomatoes, oil, garlic, S & P together in a large bowl. Toss into a square baking dish and bung in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove and grate cheese on top – throw back into the oven for 5 – 10 minutes or until all melted and golden.
I combined this with some crispy skinned salmon and a to-die-for celeriac purée (recipe to come).