I’m back! Did you miss me?? 🙂 Spent the week in Mexico celebrating a lovely wedding of two great people! What a whirlwind though, and it was great to get home and back to our day-to-day. Now onto planning our trip to France at the end of the summer – and picking up the pieces of life. We brought back a delicious habanero hot sauce that kicked up this wonderful classic coleslaw dressing and ensured a tasty dish to return home to!
Classic Coleslaw with a Kick
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 Tbsp white sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- a dash or two of Worchestershire Sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp yellow (prepared) mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- a dash habanero hot sauce, optional
- 1/2 head of green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup green onion, sliced on a bias
- 1 cup carrots, thinly sliced on a bias (or shredded)
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced on a bias
- a few pickled jalapenos, chopped
- Coarse salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
In a large salad bowl, combine mayo, sugar, lime juice, vinegar, worchestershire, mustard, celery salt, and the optional hot sauce. Whisk together. Season with coarse salt and pepper.
Toss in the cilantro, green onion, cabbage, carrots, and celery into the bowl, and combine thoroughly.
Let sit for 10 minutes before serving (if you can). 🙂
Ally Taylor is a food writer based in Vancouver, British Columbia. Through her All in Moderation blog, she aims to promote a healthy gourmet lifestyle for the 9-5’er. Learn more about Ally or follow her on Twitter @allinmod or Instagram @ally_in_moderation