And we continue…. Friday is coming soon, and you need all of the recipes to create that Grilled Shrimp Taco Feast for your loved ones! Today, I’ll share with you my Jalapeño Mango Salsa. This one has a bit of a kick, but it’s delicious without the Jalapeño as well, so if you have an aversion to picante then just opt to leave them out, or use less. 🙂
Jalapeño Mango Salsa
Yield: ~ 2-3 cups
- 1 (just ripe) mango, small dice
- 1 small handful fresh cilantro, chopped finely
- 2 tsp fresh jalapeño, finely diced
- 1 tsp pickled jalapeño juice
- 3 – 4 Tbsp red onion, finely diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- A good pinch of coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper
Peel the mango with a vegetable peeler – remove the cheeks from the pit, and remove the fleshy sides from the pit as well. Dice into a 1/4-in dice.
Combine all ingredients into a bowl. Taste, and adjust seasoning as necessary. The salt here will bring out the flavour of the mango, rather than make it salty – so go easy on the salt. 🙂
One more day closer to the best end of the week soirée you’ll ever have! And don’t worry, you get to have a margarita as well!!