Want a excruciatingly easy and delicious dinner to make tonight? Well look no further. No Chanterelles? No problem. Substitute cremini or even good-old-fashioned white button. Mushrooms on Toast is a go-to in our household. Incredibly flavourful, and start to finish in 10-15 minutes. How can you say no??
Chanterelle on Toast
- 1 lb. chanterelle (or your favourite mushroom), washed & torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 Tbsp salted butter
- 1 Tbsp EVOO
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- Coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- 2 slices of favourite bread, toasted & rubbed with a little garlic
Get a fry pan nice and hot – over medium high heat. Toss the mushrooms in dry. Let them turn a goldren brown, approximately 3 – 5 minutes. Add in the butter, olive oil, and garlic. Toss to combine. Cook another 3 – 5 minutes, then add in the fresh thyme. Toss once more, to combine.
Top each toast with half the mushroom mixture. Grate a little Parmesan over top. Serve hot.