I get made fun of, sometimes, due to my obsession with feta cheese and Greek salads… I decided to add a little more to this version, and boy did it pay off. The added protein from the chick peas, allows it to be a little more filling than a straight veggie variety.
Loaded Greek Salad Knock-Off
- 3 vine-ripe tomatoes, cored and diced
- 2 cups diced cucumber
- 3/4 cup green onion, greens only, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 3/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled – a dash of brine
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs, chopped (I used parsley and mint – delish!)
- Sea salt & freshly cracked black pepper
In a large salad bowl, combine ingredients. Taste and season to your liking. I add a little feta brine in to heighten the feta flavour… yes, fine, I’m obsessed.
Serve as a side to some delicious BBQ’d lamb or chicken. Yum-o!