Sunday’s are for Breakfast Pizza. I mean, what more decadent than a oozy egg on a pizza with a c**p-ton of cheese and broccollini. That’s healthy, right?
Be sure to put this one in your weekend menu Rolodex!
Breakfast Pizza with Broccolini & Pecorino
- 1 pizza dough, homemade or store bought
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce, homemade or store bought
- A few broccolini spears, halved if the stalks are thick
- 3 Tbsp Castelvetrano olives, pitted
- 2 cups part-skim mozzarella
- 1/4 cup Pecorino Romano
- 2 eggs
- Olive oil, for brushing the crust
- Fleur de sel & freshly cracked black pepper
Place pizza stone in the oven, heat at 500F. You can also make this on a baking sheet, however, you will have to double the cooking time.
Using the tips of your fingers, gently form the dough into a circle-like shape. Transfer to a pizza peel, or baking sheet. Build the pizza, starting with sauce, then broccolini, olives, and cheese. Place in the oven, cook for 6 minutes if using a pizza stone, or 10 minutes if on a baking sheet. Open oven and crack 2 eggs on top of the pizza, season with salt and pepper, and brush the crust with olive oil. Cook for another 2 – 3 minutes on the stone and 5 minutes for baking sheet, or until the egg is cooked to your preference.
Remove from oven and transfer to a cutting board. Cut into slices and enjoy with a cup of coffee (and a Caesar, if you feel so inclined…) 🙂
This really is the only fuel you need on a Sunday morning! 🙂