O.M.G, the sun is out! But not for long. Apparently it’s supposed to snow MORE up here in the arctic region of the Pacific Northwest….. said no one, ever! Alas, let’s take advantage of the sun and have this delicious salad tonight. Yes, it’s grilled…. like BBQ’d grilled. We can dream, can’t we? 🙂
Grilled Asparagus & Castelvetrano Olive Salad
- 1 bunch grilled (white) asparagus, chopped into bite-size pieces, approx. 3 inches **
- 2 cups celery, including the leaves (!), chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup Castelvetrano olive cheeks (ie. cut around the pit)
- 1/2 cup organic flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 lemon juiced ~ 1/4 cup
- 2 Tbsp olive brine
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ~ 1/4 cup good quality EVOO
- Coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
**To grill your asparagus, cut off the woody ends, then toss in olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Grill on all side on a BBQ or grill pan, over medium – high heat. Turn once you see grill marks on each side. Remove from pan/BBQ and cut into pieces. You see white asparagus in the photos but by all means green can be used here as well.
Combine asparagus, celery, olive cheeks, and parsley in a bowl. Toss together.
In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, or using an immersion blender, combine lemon juice, olive brine, Dijon mustard, and EVOO. Shake or blend until emulsified. Taste and season with S&P.
Pour some of the dressing over salad, and toss. Taste and add more dressing if you wish.
Enjoy this with a fantastic grilled steak, or chicken breast. You’ll be laughin’!