As promised, here is another perfect game day recipe that you won’t be able to resist even after the Superbowl is over! These sticky Asian-style ribs are where it’s at. Packed full of flavour, super tender, and perfectly smoky. Bon appetit, enjoy, and Go Patriots Go! (?)
Sticky Asian Ribs
- 2 lbs. St. Louis style pork ribs (baby back will work great too), inside membrane removed (ask your butcher)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp fermented black beans
- 1+ tsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 in piece fresh ginger, peeled & diced
- 1 – 2 tsp Sriracha, depending on heat tolerance
- 1 wedge lime, juiced
- Freshly cracked black pepper, approx. 1 tsp
- Green onions, sliced, for garnish
Preheat oven to 325F
Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl. Whisk together to combine. In a deep roasting dish, lay out the ribs (cut them to fit), and coat in about 3/4 of the marinade. Using clean hands, rub that into the ribs to coat thoroughly.
Cover with aluminum foil, and roast in the oven to 1 hour.
Fire up the BBQ to medium high heat. Remove the ribs from the oven, and place on the BBQ. Using a brush or mop, baste the ribs on the grill. You’re really only trying to get a few charred and crisp bits, so this will only take about 5 – 10 minutes more. Cut into ribs and top with green onions.
Serve with your favourite craft Pale Ale! We loved the Ten Times Ten from Brassneck Brewery!