Another Monday, another fantastic weekend (complete with a little food poisoning) – but at least we had yesterday to relax and take it all in, and fill up my tummy with this delicious recipe!
Mark and I have been playing with Ceviché de Camaron since we got back from Mexico last April, and I think I’m finally ready to leak it to you guys! The flavour, texture, the incredible ease of throwing it altogether, and how light but filling it is, really make this recipe one of my favourites!
Ceviché de Camaron (Prawn Ceviché)
- 1 lb. prawns (21/25) – uncooked fresh or frozen, but defrosted – shelled, tailed & deveined – poached & cut into thirds (bite-size pieces)
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cucumber, finely diced
- 1 Roma tomato, finely diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- A couple dashes Mexican hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp ketchup
- A good pinch of coarse salt, and freshly cracked black pepper
- Serve with tortilla chips, store-bought or homemade
Fill up a pot with salted water. Bring to a boil and drop in the prawns – let the water come back to a boil, and drain. You want the prawns just cooked. Run the colander under cold water to stop the cooking process. Cut into thirds and toss in a salad bowl.
Add lime juice, red onion, garlic, cucumber, tomato, cilantro, hot sauce, and ketchup to the salad bowl. Combine. Taste, and season with coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
If your limes aren’t super juicy, you may want to add a 4th – you want this to be lime-y.
Serve with a side of warm tortilla chips, and a cerveza.
It may be cold outside still but with this meal, you’ll feel as though you’ve stepped off the plane somewhere warm and sunny. Enjoy!
** If you make this recipe be sure to IG it, and tag #allinmoderation, @ally_in_moderation. I love to see your efforts! **