This weeks’ recipes have been very much geared towards a fantastic Sunday brunch. In our house, Sunday’s don’t happen without a mid-morning Caesar. So, I decided it was high-time to divulge the secrets of our Perfect Bloody Caesar. Yum!
The Perfect Bloody Caesar
- 2 oz. Bombay Sapphire gin (this can be vodka or tequila, if you prefer)
- 1/2 oz dill pickle juice
- 5 – 7 shakes Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce (we like them dirty!)
- 4 – 6 shakes Tabasco sauce (we like them spicy!)
- Celery salt
- Lime wedges, for juicing and garnish
- Olives, pickles, bacon, pickled beans, pickled onions, etc. for garnish
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Mott’s Clamato Juice
Dump out a little celery salt onto a place. Take a tall glasses, dip the rim in lime juice (or run a lime wedge around the rim), and then dip into celery salt.
Add in 2 oz. Bombay Sapphire Gin, 1/2. oz dill pickle juice, Lea & Perrins, and Tabasco. Fill the glass with ice, then top with Mott’s Clamato Juice. Sprinkle some of the remaining celery salt into the glass, and finish some freshly cracked black pepper. Stir with a chopstick or swizzle stick to combine.
Garnish with a lime wedge and some sort of pickled deliciousness.
Now, if you’re looking for something with a little less alcohol, perhaps cut it to 1 oz. or omit the booze altogether. I have definitely been known to have a virgin Caesar on occasion. I’m mean not many occasions, but like once or twice? Ok, fine. Once.
Still delicious though!