I have a few friends that can attest to this, but I had a massive craving for Pasta Salad earlier this week. So, I made one. I used my go-to Arugula Pesto recipe with a few minor changes, and as many veggies as I could. The lack of dairy in this recipe, makes it a no-brainer for your summer picnics!
Arugula Pesto Pasta Salad
Serves 4 – 6
- 1/2 cup Arugula Pesto – I used toasted cashews rather than walnuts, and it was fantastic
- 3 cups cooked & cooled small shape pasta (ex. rotini, penne regatte, wheels, bow-ties, etc.)
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 2 pints cherry/grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cups (2 handfuls) baby arugula, washed & dried
- Coarse salt & freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, to loosen
- Freshly grated Parmesan, for garnish
Combine pasta, cucumber, tomatoes and arugula together in a large salad bowl. Add in half the Arugula Pesto and half the olive oil, and toss well to evenly distribute the pesto. Add in the remaining half of the pesto and olive oil, and toss again to combine. Top with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Eat immediately or transfer to an air-tight container. This will keep in the fridge for 3 – 5 days.