Here goes another great fresh & delicious summer salad. We had some leftover grilled asparagus and zucchini from a picnic we had earlier this week, so I decided why not throw them in a salad. The cilantro and garden-fresh cherry tomatoes, really amp up the flavour. (Thanks Mom & Dad!) This salad is a perfect accompanied with grilled sausage, chicken, or heck, why not even a steak or salmon. Go nuts, treat yourself, it’s Thursday!
Grilled Asparagus & Zucchini Salad with Feta
- 1 cup grilled zucchini, diamond cut or cubed
- 1 cup grilled asparagus, bite-size pieces
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup cucumber, cubed (about half an English cucumber)
- 1 can chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp feta brine
- A good pinch coarse salt, & freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 lime, juiced
- A good drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
Combine ingredients in a salad bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve with grilled protein.
It’s truly a simple recipe. Ideal for after a long day of work. There are chick peas in it, so if you don’t feel like cooking anything else, by all means, eat the whole thing. You’ll at least get some protein in you.